Our Commitment to You
It is always our intention to provide you with the highest quality service. However, we appreciate that occasionally things can go wrong, the details below set out who to send your complaint to and how this will be handled:-
Who to Complain To
Please address your complaint, and any subsequent queries you may have in connection with the complaint, to the Compliance Director:
Miss Toni Richardson
HR & Compliance Director
35 – 51 Station Road
Tel: 01784 608139
How Your Complaint Will Be Dealt With
- We aim to resolve your concerns, wherever possible, within three working days. If this is not possible, we will acknowledge your complaint in writing no later than 5 working days after receipt. We will then deal with your complaint promptly and will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation and the measures being taken to resolve your complaint.
- If we are unable to issue a final response within eight weeks of receipt of your complaint we will write to you and explain why we have been unable to conclude your complaint and confirm when we expect to be able to provide a final response. You are welcome to contact us at any time to check the status of our investigation. We will also advise you of your right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) if you are dissatisfied with the delay, or if you are dissatisfied with the final response you have received, at whichever stage of the process it is issued to you.
- If you are either a private individual or a business with an annual turnover of less than two million euros and fewer than ten employees you may be eligible to refer your complaint to FOS, provided we have had adequate opportunity to resolve your compliant first. In addition, a charity which has an annual income of less than £1 million at the time the complaint is made, and a trustee of a trust which has a net asset value of less than £1 million at the time the complaint is made, may also be eligible.
FOS sets time limits for consumers to refer complaints to them
and they will not consider a compliant unless the firm has been
given an opportunity to resolve it and at least eight weeks have
elapsed from the date the complaint was made. A complaint must
then be referred to FOS within:-
- Six months from the business sending the consumer a final response (which has to mention the six-month time limit); and
- Six years from the event the consumer is complaining about (or, if later, three years from when the consumer knew, or could reasonably have known, they had cause to complain).
The Financial Ombudsman Service contact details are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Harbour Exchange Square
Enquires & Consumer Helpline:
Tel: 0800 023 4567
0300 123 9123
Calls made from Outside UK: +44 20 7964 0500
If your policy is insured in the Lloyd’s market, you are entitled to refer your complaint to Lloyd’s who will conduct a full investigation and provide you with a written final response, if you are not satisfied with our response or if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks. You should contact;
Walter Burke Way
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7327 5693
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7327 5225
- If you are not happy with the response you get from Lloyd’s, you may be entitled to refer the matter to the FOS. Lloyd’s will send you a FOS leaflet with further information at the appropriate time.