Carrier's Transit Liability
Documentation & Guidance
This page will assist you in progressing your claim and offer general advice and guidance relating to carrier’s transit liability claims.
Please complete the form with as much information as possible – this will speed up the handling of your claim.
- Copy of relevant consignment/collection note – as evidence that goods were in your care and control at the time of the incident. This will also confirm the goods being carried and the transit involved.
- Copy of the written claim against you.
- Copy of the signed delivery receipt – where delivery has been made/attempted.
- Evidence of the contractual conditions applied to the transit – where contractual conditions are disputed by the claimant when limiting/defending liability.
- Copy of the written claim against the subcontracted haulier – if transit was subcontracted by you.
- Copies of packing list/loading manifest/unloading manifest – where appropriate. These will show what was loaded on the trailer and conversely what was unloaded.
- In the event of theft the crime reference number and police station involved and if possible copy references taken on the driver if he was employed after the inception of the policy.
- Copy freight invoice raised by you to your client.
If you are in doubt about anything, please contact us.Carrier's Transit Claim Form